911 Call Released Over Kevin Costner’s Health Scare
First Published: February 5, 2009 4:34 PM EST Credit: Getty Images
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- The 911 call that prompted authorities to rush to the side of Kevin Costner in Hollywood earlier this year has been released.
In January, the actor was taken to the hospital after he fell ill while behind the wheel in Los Angeles. Now, the call, made by an employee of the “Swing Vote” star, has been released.
An unidentified male can be heard on the 911 recording explaining to a dispatcher why the actor was forced to pull his car to the side of the road in Hollywood and await help from emergency response authorities.
“He pulled over in a black Audi… He’s in distress, he’s very sick,” the 911 caller tells the dispatcher. “He’s my boss. I’m not there with him right now. He’s on Hollywood Boulevard’s side.”
During the call, the actor’s employee informs the dispatcher of the identity of the star.
“He just got violently sick all of a sudden,” the caller said. “His name, it’s Kevin Costner actually.”
“The Kevin Costner?” the dispatcher asks.
“Yeah. He got violently sick and started throwing up,” the caller replies.
Following the incident, a rep for Costner told Access at the time, “Kevin experienced some light-headedness while he was driving.”
According to the rep, the actor did not have a major health scare.
”[He] was checked out at the hospital and released after tests found that everything was normal,” the rep continued.
Kevin is slated to star in the thriller, “The New Daughter,” scheduled for release 2009.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.