A Last Chance At Saving ‘My Name Is Earl’ Falls Through
First Published: June 11, 2009 6:49 PM EDT Credit: AP
NEW YORK, N.Y. -- A last chance at saving “My Name Is Earl” has fallen through.
The comedy, starring Jason Lee as a lifelong loser trying to fix his life in zany ways, ran for four seasons on NBC. Since the network canceled it last month, Twentieth Century Fox Television had tried to sell the series elsewhere as fans begged for its rescue.
But “Earl’s” luck has run out. The studio says efforts to strike a deal to film more episodes for cable network TBS have fallen through.
Studio spokesman Chris Alexander says TBS and the studio were unable to make the show’s economics work without undermining its quality.
Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.