Access Exclusive: The Wedding Is Off! Kristin Cavallari & Jay Cutler Call Off Engagement

Jay Cutler and Kristin Cavallari arrive at the Los Angeles premiere of "Source Code" held at ArcLight Cinemas Cinerama Dome in Hollywood, Calif. on March 28, 2011 Jay Cutler and Kristin Cavallari arrive at the Los Angeles premiere of "Source Code" held at ArcLight Cinemas Cinerama Dome in Hollywood, Calif. on March 28, 2011

Former “Laguna Beach” and “The Hills” star Kristin Cavallari and Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler have called off their engagement, a source close to the couple has revealed to Access Hollywood’s Billy Bush.

Kristin, 24, and Jay, 28, became engaged in April, after the football star proposed during the couple’s vacation in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.

A separate source told Access that it was Jay who broke up with Kristin — who was caught off guard by the split.

A rep for Kristin was not immediately available for comment on the news when contacted by Access on Sunday.

Back in February, Kristin stopped by Access Hollywood Live and dished to Billy Bush and Kit Hoover about her relationship with Jay.

“Is he the one?” Kit asked Kristin.

“I’d like to say yes,” Kristin said with a giggle at the time .

“I love Chicago,” the blonde reality star said of her time in the city. “My mom is there — and that side of my family — so, I get to spend time with my mom who I don’t get to see that often. But it’s been great. I love the city and during the football season I was there a lot. Now, we’re both out here.”

Kristin was previously linked to USC grad and Houston Texans quarterback Matt Leinart.

Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.