Access Glam Slam: Passionately Pink For The Cure
First Published: October 1, 2008 2:21 PM EDT Credit: Susan G. Komen Foundation
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Think pink!
Today kicks off Breast Cancer Awareness Month and it’s never been easier to support the cause in style. Join breast cancer survivor and “Passionately Pink for the Cure” ambassador Cynthia Nixon to help raise funds for the Susan G. Komen Foundation, one of the leaders in the global breast cancer movement.
From nail polish to Cartier jewels… here are five ways you can directly contribute to Komen for the Cure.
1) Panties for the Cure: Hanky Panky will donate $2 from the sale of each “In The Pink” thong with a minimum guaranteed donation of $10,000. For more information, click here.
2) Jeans for the Cure: “Not Your Daughter’s Jeans” will donate $1 for each customer who tries on the jeans at select retailers nationwide through April 30, 2009. The denim company will make a minimum guaranteed donation of $500,000. Click here for more information.
3) Cartier for the Cure: Cartier’s Celebrity Ambassador, Emmy Rossum, wears a Love Bracelet for the cause…and so can you! The iconic jewelry company will donate $75,000 as well as $100 for each pink “Single Ring” Bracelet and $200 for each pink “Double Ring” Bracelet sold through June 18th, 2009. Click here for more information.
4) Polish for the Cure: Your mani-pedi can help the cause! OPI has created “Pink of Hearts” to benefit the cause and will donate $25,000 this year. Click here for more information.
5) Shades for the Cure: Optic Nerve will donate $4 from the sale of every pair of “Pink Ribbon Toby” sunglasses, with a minimum donation for $25,000. Available at nerveusa.com and retailers nationwide for $40. Click here for more information.
Nearly 200,000 women are diagnosed each year with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will die from the disease. Throughout October, we’ll continue to bring you ways you can help battle breast cancer.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.