Access Hollywood Live: Katie Lee’s Christmaskah Potato-Leek Latkes
First Published: December 16, 2011 10:36 AM EST Credit: WireImage
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- The holidays are the perfect excuse to get in the kitchen and start cooking! Katie Lee’s stopped by Access Hollywood Live to share her recipe for Christmaskah Potato-Leek Latkes, a tasty dish that is sure to please all your loved ones this season!
• 3 large baking potatoes, peeled and grated
• ½ cup finely diced leeks, white part only
• 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
• ½ cup dry bread crumbs
• 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
• 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
• ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
• ¼ cup canola oil
• ¼ cup orange juice
• ¼ cup water
• 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
• 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
• ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon kosher salt
• ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 2 teaspoons olive oil
• 2 shallots, minced
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• ½ jalapeno, minced
• 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
For the Latkes:
Press the excess water from the grated potatoes. In a medium bowl, mix the potatoes with the leeks, eggs, bread crumbs, parsley, salt, and pepper
In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, melt the butter with the oil. Use a tablespoon to drop potato batter into the skillet, flatten the potatoes with a spatula. Fry until golden brown, a couple minutes on each side.
Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
For the Chutney:
In a small bowl, combine the orange juice, water, brown sugar, vinegar, cinnamon, salt, and pepper. Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the shallots, garlic, and jalapeño and sauté about 5 minutes. Stir in the apples and orange juice mixture, let come to a low simmer. Cover and cook until apples are tender, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.