Celebrity trainer Harley Pasternak stopped by Access Hollywood Live to share some of his summer shape-up tips on how he keeps his A-list clients like Ashley Greene, Megan Fox, Amanda Seyfried, Robert Pattinson and Lady Gaga in tip top shape!
Here are some of Harley’s personal tips:
1. Go global with your diet. Exposing your palate to different cuisines can help you find foods that are nourishing, slimming and never boring.
2. The healthiest solutions are often the simplest ones - like walking instead of driving, broiling instead of frying, and taking a daily multivitamin. Making common-sense decisions about the way you eat, move, and live can help you exponentially increase your health and wellness level.
3. Skip sodas and drink more water. Try all sorts of tea - black, oolong, green, ginseng - for an antioxidant flavor boost.
4. Every step counts. Walk everywhere, whether it’s to the grocery store or to work. Take the stairs whenever you can. If you have to be on the phone, pace around while you talk. Regular movement has an infinite number of benefits.
5. Enjoy one free day a week! Indulge in eating a treat such as dark chocolate and sleep in late. It will motivate you to keep up a healthy lifestyle during the other six days.
Harley, who’s also a paid spokesperson for CENTRUM, is giving you a chance to work out like a celebrity.
“Proper nutrition is just as important as exercise so I make sure to take a daily multivitamin in addition to my food to make sure I’m getting the nutrients I need. In fact… if you text the word CENTRUM to 89800, you’re entered for a chance to win a training session with me where I’ll evaluate your nutrition and exercise habits and prepare an ongoing program for you to feel and look great.”
For more information, click here.