Access Ranks The Top Ten Brightest Teen Stars
First Published: September 10, 2009 5:08 PM EDT Credit: Getty Images
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Gore Vidal once said, “Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say and not giving a damn.” These teen stars certainly know aren’t afraid to express themselves through fashion. They are rocking their careers, and their own looks on the red carpet. Access counts down the stars with the brightest styles and brightest futures!
10. Taylor MomsenTaylor Momsen, who plays Jenny Humphrey on the hit show ‘Gossip Girl,’ has become a fashion staple on the red carpet. With a collection of leather jackets, and sharp blonde bangs, Taylor pushes boundaries and takes risks, which is the same fearless attitude with which she approaches her acting career.
9. Demi LovatoActress and singer-songwriter Demi Lovato is just seventeen, but already a red carpet veteran. She recently told OK! Magazine, “I like to try and emphasize what I have, and not really look at other people,” and explained that her fashion icon is Paramore’s lead vocalist, Hayley Williams. Her career is also red hot, with her numerous acting roles (notably 2008’s “Camp Rock”) and the release of her second album, 2009’s “Here We Go Again,” which debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200.
8. The Jonas BrothersThe Jonas Brothers’ second home is the red carpet, where the trio often sports the latest in men’s fashion. The brothers aren’t afraid of donning the skinny jeans and ties or preppy chic ensembles. If their looks weren’t enough, the Jonas Brothers have released four albums, won the Breakthrough Artist Award at the American Music Awards and have sold over eight million albums worldwide.
7. Dakota FanningAs we have watched Dakota Fanning grow up on the big screen, the actress has come into her own recently with a new look that sheds the former child star image. Her style, while still age appropriate, incorporates colorful dresses, casual fitted jeans and ballet flats. Dakota’s choices in roles have also taken a new tone, as she is about to appear this fall in her first sinister role as the vampire Jane in “New Moon.”
6. Selena Gomez Seventeen-year-old Selena Gomez, best known from “Wizards of Waverly Place,” has earned her place as one of the hottest young style icons around and is definitely turning heads now everywhere she goes. With bright bold colors, stylish jeans and high boots, Selena always looks cute and comfortable. Her career has also never looked brighter as the teen star will soon be playing the role of Beezus in 2010’s “Ramona and Beezus.”
5. Kristen Stewart Seen out sporting colorful pairs of retro sneakers with edgy print dresses, Kristen Stewart definitely has a style all her own and she isn’t afraid to show it. In addition to being the queen of “The Twilight Saga” franchise, she’s not slowing down anytime soon. She recently appeared in “Adventureland” and has completed shooting for “The Runaways.” For the latter, she sported a punk rock do for her role as Joan Jett, and rocked the ‘80s look like few teens her age are able to.
4. Emma WatsonEmma Watson is no longer the young Hermione – the actress has grown up to become a stunning young woman, as well as a trendsetter on the red carpet. She showed her sophisticated side at the “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince” premiere in New York wearing a leather halter-top paired with a white skirt. Her future is as bright as her looks, as the star just enrolled in Brown University this fall.
3. Taylor LautnerTaylor Lautner has won over everyone from Summit Entertainment executives to teen girls around the world. He alone has been the root cause behind switching allegiances from Team Edward to Team Jacob in “The Twilight Saga” franchise. He has become a fashion star as well, appearing on the red carpet in sharp Calvin Klein suits as well as earning the title of InStyle’s Man of Style. With two (and maybe three) more “Twilight Saga” films ahead of him, Taylor’s not slowing down anytime soon.
2. Taylor SwiftThe third Taylor to make our list is country music singer Taylor Swift, who certainly brightens up every red carpet she steps foot on. From bohemian chic, to strapless fitted dresses, Taylor’s look is both young and flashy. This is one rock star that isn’t afraid to shake things up. Her career is on fire as well, as Taylor’s album “Fearless” was the first by a female artist in country music history to earn the #1 spot on The Billboard 200 for eight weeks in a row. It’s also the best selling album so far of 2009.
1. Miley CyrusActress and singer-songwriter Miley Cyrus is no stranger to strutting her stuff on the red carpet. Whether she’s wearing a vest and a peace sign, or she’s dressed in a shimmering mermaid dress, Miley is always herself. And her fun loving personality always shines through. Her career is just a bright as her style. In 2009, Miley was ranked #25 on Forbes “Celebrity 100” list. Her latest EP just debuted at #2 on Billboard’s Top 200 charts, she’s got the #1 single in the U.S. (“Party In The U.S.A.”), she’s got a hot merchandise line, she’s launching an upcoming U.S. tour, and she has her final season of her hit show, “Hannah Montana” coming up next spring on the Disney Channel.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.