Alec Baldwin famously resigned from Twitter following his feud with American Airlines last month, but after just a few weeks off, the “30 Rock” star began Tweeting, yet again.
According to the actor, he returned to the social media networking site because of the high number of Alec Baldwin Twitter imposters.
“There’s a lot of people who have different variations – that’s very common,” Alec told Access Hollywood of faux Alecs Tweeting at The National Board of Review Awards in New York City on Tuesday. “I think I [went back] for that reason – I’m so tired of people writing the wrong thing.”
The 53-year-old star will soon return to the small screen when “30 Rock” Season 6 premieres on NBC on Thursday, and Alec is proud of the new episodes.
“I am excited,” he told Access. “We start late this year, which is weird… but I think that the shows have been funny.”
As for those pesky rumors he’ll soon leave the Tina Fey-led hit, Alec said he’s still having way too much fun playing narcissistic TV exec Jack Donaghy.
“We’re in our sixth year and I still go to work and they hand me the scripts and I go, ‘You’ve gotta be kidding me!’” he told Access. “It’s been a lot of fun.”
The sixth season of “30 Rock” premieres on Thursday at 8 PM on NBC.
Copyright 2015 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.