“American Idol” producers have spoken out regarding this week’s reported drama and feuding between new judges Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj.
“This is one of the best, most passionate, dynamic and invested judging panels we’ve ever had,” producers said in a statement released to Access Hollywood. “We love and support all of the judges and the fantastic work they are doing, and we can’t imagine a better group to find the next ‘American Idol.’
“Despite all the accusations and media speculation — much of which is inaccurate — production is going extremely well today and the judges are focused on finding the best talent here in Baton Rouge,” the statement concluded.
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, a video surfaced online this week showing a heated blowout between Mariah and Nicki.
Mariah spoke to Barbara Walters about the incident and Barbara recounted their conversation on Thursday’s “The View,” saying “Nicki walked off the set and multiple people heard Nicki say, ‘If I had a gun I would shoot the b****.’”
Mariah also told Barbara that she has hired extra security and that Nicki has expressed love for her, but has yet to apologize.
Nicki hit back at Mariah in a flurry of Twitter posts, writing, “I don’t call tmz n Barbara Walters cuz I stand on my own two feet. Never needed an army. God is good. Insecurity is as cruel as the grave,” she Tweeted on Thursday. “I guess it hurts 2 have the producers tell u to ur face that nicki is the best judge we’ve had since simon. Awww, poor u. Keep them lies cmn.”
“Tried to keep quiet but let’s go!!!!… I thought we resolved it yesterday but I see u want ur pity party to continue,” she added. “So I’m bout to po dot tea.”
-- Erin O’Sullivan
Copyright 2015 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.