This Sunday March 27 is National No Makeup Day. Yay! A good excuse to go bare.
LATHER, the natural beauty brand loved by Jennifer Aniston, Demi Moore and Julia Louis-Dreyfus, has partnered with Equinox Spa esthetician Kate Weinberg for tips to help get your skin looking its best without makeup.
1. Start using an exfoliating cleanser 1-2 times per week to remove the uppermost layer of dull, dry skin. Don’t overdo it! Exfoliating too often can strip skin of natural oils and cause microscopic tears in the skin. For dry skin, try LATHER’s Sweet Almond Exfoliating Creme or Bamboo Silk Foaming Face Scrub for normal/oily skin.
2. Start using a corrective serum. Our Vitamin C Peptide Renewal draws on Vitamin C to stimulate collagen production and repair damage caused by free radicals, minimizing the appearance of wrinkles and improving skin texture.
3. Incorporate an eye treatment that brightens and reduces puffiness. Apply morning and night, and massage gently to reduce water retention. LATHER’s Toning Eye Gel is packed with ingredients that will leave you bright-eyed. Niacin and Vitamin K both firm and brighten dark circles. Fennel Oil tones, stimulates circulation and fights water retention. Vitamin C promotes collagen formation to decrease the appearance of lines and wrinkles. Aloe and green tea extracts soothe and calm, reducing redness and inflammation.
4. Get a professional spa facial that incorporates AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) or BHAs (Beta Hydroxy Acid). Unlike topical scrubs, AHAs and BHAs penetrate the skin, lifting dull, dry skin, unclogging pores, and revealing a brighter, more even complexion. At-home, try LATHER’s AHA Facial Therapy which retexturizes and brightens dull-looking skin.
5. Hydrate! Drink 8 ounces of water a day and add a hydrating serum or mask to your skin care regimen. LATHER’s Moisture Magnet is a hyaluronic-based serum that hydrates the skin and offers an immediate plumping effect that smoothes lines and wrinkles. Our Honey Moisture Mask draws on natural humectants, honey, plus royal jelly and B vitamins to encourage tissue repair.
6. Sleep! It is crucial to skin’s recovery as cells rest and renew, benefiting skin, eyes and hair
All products are available at www.lather.com and at Spas at Equinox nationwide.