Despite currently being separated from wife Bianca Kajlich, U.S. soccer star Landon Donovan stepped out with the “Rules of Engagement” actress at the ESPY Awards in Los Angeles on Wednesday night and Access Hollywood got an update on the status of their relationship.
“We are very cool. We are best of friends,” Landon told Access Hollywood’s Shaun Robinson when asked if he and Bianca were getting back together. “What the future brings, who knows? But for now, we’re gonna have a good time tonight.”
Bianca added that they are still split, but for the night they were only focusing on celebrating Landon’s achievements.
“We are still separated,” Bianca explained. “Tonight’s just about him and supporting him, so I think tonight we’re just trying to have fun.”
In more Landon news, the athlete gave E! Online an update on reports that broke during the 2010 World Cup that he possibly fathered a child with a British woman, saying, “I know now that I will not be a dad any time soon, which is good news for me.”
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, last month Landon did not deny the reports that he could be a new father when the news first broke.
“I was informed of the possibility during the World Cup, and if I need to take responsibility, then I will provide the appropriate support,” the 28-year-old athlete said in a statement to Access Hollywood at the time.
Donovan, who plays for the LA Galaxy stateside, played on loan for Liverpool club Everton in the U.K. in the winter of 2009.