Naomi Campbell is finally speaking out after claims that she attacked a driver in New York.
“On Tuesday, March 2nd, I was accused of unacceptable behavior towards a driver in New York,” the supermodel said in a statement to Access Hollywood. “I have worked very hard on correcting my previous wrongdoings and I will not be held hostage to my past. I try to treat everyone with respect and I am pleased the driver has apologized. I would like to put the last few days behind me and move on.”
The driver, Miodrag Mejdina, told The Associated Press earlier on Thursday that the events in question were, “blown out of proportion” and he apologized to the star, “for causing that to happen.”
According to the AP, he will not press charges.
On Tuesday, Mejdina claimed to police that he had been struck from behind while driving the supermodel, who has previously faced other such allegations of misconduct.