The couple who allegedly crashed President Barack Obama’s first state dinner last week has been aiming for reality TV stardom on a popular Bravo franchise.
Ã¢â¬Â¨"The cast of ‘The Real Housewives of D.C.’ has not been finalized,” a Bravo spokesperson told Access Hollywood. “Michaele Salahi is under consideration as a cast member.”
According to the New York Times, reality cameras from the network had filmed Michaele and her husband, Tareq, as they prepared for the White House bash — and even filmed their arrival at the event, which authorities are stating they were not on the guest list for.
The couple is now under investigation by the Secret Service for their alleged intrusion.
A lawyer for the pair told the Times that they did not “crash the event” and would be “setting the record straight very soon.”
“NBC Nightly News” anchor Brian Williams said on Thursday that he observed their arrival at the dinner, where they were initially turned away.
“The first ring of Secret Service security had worked,” he said. “After their vehicle was turned away, they hopped out. What attracted our attention was there was at least one camera trailing them.”
Michaele later posted photos on what appeared to be her Facebook page from the event, including a shot with Vice President Joe Biden.
“I was honored to be invited to attend the First State Dinner hosted by President Obama & the First Lady to honor India,” she wrote.
The incident recalled the recent “Balloon Boy” hoax allegedly perpetrated by the Heene family, after they had tried and failed to land a reality show of their own following their appearances on “Wife Swap” — an event that ended with criminal charges filed against the Colorado family.