At just 20 years old, Disney star Roshon Fegan wasn’t sure he’d be able to hold his own as a contestant against more seasoned celebrities on “Dancing with the Stars.”
However, the actor and freestyle dancer, who was given the boot (along with Melissa Gilbert) on Tuesday’s double elimination, earned a sense of pride in his accomplishments during his eight-week stint on the ABC hit – a lesson he’ll carry with him in the future.
“[I learned] I could really, really put my mind to something and keep up with the big guys, with the big guns,” the young actor told Access Hollywood following Tuesday’s elimination show in Los Angeles, when asked what he’d learned through his experience on “DWTS.” “I’m young, I’ve got a lot of things that I want to get done in this world and I feel like this gave me the motivation to know that it’s possible. I can do it.”
Roshon said he owes most of his “Dancing” success to his partner, Chelsie Hightower, and her superior teaching abilities.
“I’m proud of [Chelsie] as well for finding some possible way to teach me,” he said. “[Her] being who [she is] and figuring out how to get through things with me. It takes a lot of patience and confidence and talent.”
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, after a thrilling night of competition, and no “dance off” to save them, Roshon and Melissa were the two celebs to get the “Dancing” boot on Tuesday.
Following the double elimination, just four pairs remain in the competition – Donald Driver and Peta Murgatroyd; William Levy and Cheryl Burke; Maria Menounos and Derek Hough ; and Katherine Jenkins and Mark Ballas.
“Dancing with the Stars” returns Monday at 8/7c on ABC.