Attorney: Nicolas Cage Won't Be Prosecuted For April Arrest In New Orleans
An attorney for Nicolas Cage says the actor won’t face criminal charges stemming from his April 16 arrest in New Orleans.
New Orleans police say Cage was arrested in the French Quarter after he grabbed his wife’s arm and pounded on cars in a drunken argument about whether a nearby house was the one they were renting. He was booked with domestic abuse, disturbing the peace and public drunkenness.
Attorney Harry Rosenberg said Friday that the Orleans Parish district attorney’s office refused the charges and no prosecution would occur.
“The New Orleans District Attorney has confirmed that no charges of any kind will be pursued against Nicolas Cage. After the investigation, the District Attorney’s Office refused all charges against Nick and this matter has been closed. We are pleased that the process led to the correct result, despite the inaccurate media reports, and that Nick has been cleared and all charges have been dropped,” a statement from Rosenberg noted.
District attorney spokesman Christopher Bowman says prosecutors determined “the conduct did not amount to criminal conduct.”
Cage had been free on $11,000 bond put up by bail bondsman Duane Chapman, known as “Dog the Bounty Hunter” to reality TV fans.
Copyright 2014 by Associated Press. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.