Attorney: No Overdose For Owen Wilson; 911 Call Won't Be Released
Police were called to Owen Wilson’s house after the actor slit his wrists, however contrary to other reports, there was no drug overdose an attorney for Wilson told Access Hollywood.
The attorney also told Access today that the actor did not have his stomach pumped. The attorney said Wilson had been taking anti-depressants, but was not aware of any other drugs in his system at the time of the incident.
While rumors quickly swirled over what sent the actor to the hospital, police call logs confirmed on Tuesday it was an “attempted suicide.” However, the Santa Monica City Attorney’s office has announced they will not be releasing the 911 call made regarding Wilson.
“In reaching this decision the City believes that in many instances no person should have to worry about whether placing a call for emergency assistance will automatically make his or her medical request open to public review,” the City Attorney’s office said in a press release late Wednesday. “In balancing the competing interests, the City agencies outweighs the public interest served by disclosure of the emergency 911 call. In situation such as this, the City concludes that the public is best served if medical attention is promptly sought instead of being delayed because of a concern, real or imagined, of public attention, regardless of whether that publicity is sympathetic or not.”
CLICK HERE to view the letter released by the City Attorney’s office.
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.