Bobby Flay's Barbeque Addiction Recipes (Access Hollywood Live)
Happy Memorial Day weekend! Before you plan your holiday menu, culinary master Bobby Flay stopped Access Hollywood Live to share a few of his BBQ recipes from his new book, “Bobby Flay’s Barbeque Addition.”
Ribeye with Goat Cheese, Meyer Lemon-Honey Mustard and Watercress
- 1 half-inch thick rib-eye, bone-in, about 1.5 lbs, excess fat trimmed
- 1/2 cup clover honey
- 1 heaping tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 heaping tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons (total) finely chopped fresh thyme, parsley, chervil
- 4 ounces soft goat cheese, from Napa if possible, slightly softened
- Canola oil
- 1 bunch watercress
- California olive oil
- Grilled Oranges
- Grilled Lemons
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking and let sit at room temperature.
- Whisk together the honey, mustards, zest and juice in a small bowl and let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Mix together the herbs and cheese in a bowl until combined and season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat grill for indirect heat. Brush steak with canola oil and season liberally with salt and pepper. Grill, directly over the coals until golden brown and slightly charred, about 5 minutes. Turn over and move away from coals, close the cover and grill until an instant read thermometer inserted into the center registers 135 degrees, turning once more, about 10 minutes. Remove from the grill to a cutting board and let rest 5 minutes.
- Toss the watercress with some of the grilled orange juice, grilled lemon juice and olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Top the steak with the goat cheese, drizzle with the honey and the watercress. Slice?
Grilled Corn with Piquillo Pepper Butter
(Serves: 4 – 6)
- 2 stick unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 4 piquillo peppers, patted dry and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Spanish paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ears of corn, silks removed and husks left and soaked in cold water for 15 minutes
- Combine butter, peppers, garlic, thyme, paprika and salt and pepper in a food processor and process until smooth. Scrape the butter into a bowl, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours before using. Let soften slightly before using.
- Heat grill for direct grilling (page TK). Remove the corn from the water, shake and place on the grates. Close the cover and let cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove from the grill, pull the husks back and brush with the piquillo pepper and more salt and pepper, if desired.
Grilled Asparagus with Figs, Cabrales and Sherry Vinegar Sauce
(Serves: 4 to 6)
- 2 cups plus 1 tablespoon aged sherry vinegar
- 1 small shallot, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons clover honey
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 24 spears asparagus, trimmed
- 12 fresh figs, quartered
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 8 ounces Cabrales blue cheese, crumbled
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Combine 2 cups of the vinegar and the shallot in a small saucepan, bring to a boil and cook until thickened and reduce to about1/2 cup. Whisk in the honey and orange zest and season with salt and pepper, remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature. Right before drizzling, stir in the remaining 1 tablespoon of vinegar and the parsley.
- Heat the grill to high for direct grilling. Brush the asparagus with the canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill until just crisp tender, about 4 minutes. Remove to a platter. Arrange the figs around the platter, sprinkled the Cabrales over the platter and drizzle with the sherry vinegar sauce and the olive oil.
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.