Brooke Burke-Charvet Speaks Out On 'Dancing' Exit
Brooke Burke-Charvet will not be returning to co-host the next season of “Dancing with the Stars,” and on Friday night, she took to Twitter to make it known that she did not choose to leave.
“Weird day … Shocking pre-season elimination #DWTS …ME. Tom Bergeron didn’t even read my name,” Brooke Tweeted. “I won’t be returning to the show this season.”
“DWTS” co-host Tom Bergeron replied to Brooke’s Tweet, hinting he was surprised as well.
“Weird day, indeed. Won’t be the same without you,” he wrote. “Dinner soon. No spray tanning required.”
@brookeburke Weird day, indeed. Won’t be the same without you. Dinner soon. No spray tanning required.— Tom Bergeron (@Tom_Bergeron) February 22, 2014
The 42-year-old mother of four, who began hosting the show in 2010, seemed to make another subtle statement by replying to a People story on Twitter about “The Voice’s” recently departed coach CeeLo Green, who stated, “I will not go quietly into the night.”
Brooke responded to CeeLo’s statement with, “Me either…”
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, news of Brooke’s “Dancing” exit broke on Friday afternoon.
“We can confirm that Brooke Burke-Charvet will not be joining us next season,” Conrad Green, Executive Producer of “Dancing with the Stars,” said in a statement to Access Hollywood on Friday. “She’s been a wonderful part of the ‘Dancing with the Stars’ family since her triumphant win in season seven and will unquestionably be missed by our entire team. We’d like to thank Brooke for her years of great service.”
Brooke also released a statement to Access on Friday, which hinted that she was shocked by the news.
“I have enjoyed seven seasons co-hosting ‘DWTS’ but understand the need for change considering the position of the show at this juncture,” she said in her statement. “I’ve always been one to embrace change and [am] looking forward to pursuing opportunities I previously wasn’t able to entertain because of contractual obligations to the show. I’ve seen my fair share of shocking eliminations in the ballroom but this one takes the cake.”
-- Erin O’Sullivan
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.