Buca Di Beppo’s Healthy Pasta Recipes (Access Hollywood Live)
First Published: October 19, 2012 12:38 PM EDT Credit: Access Hollywood
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Everybody loves a big plate of pasta! And it’s even better when it’s healthy!
Buca di Beppo’s Emily Bishop visited Access Hollywood Live on Friday to help celebrate World Pasta Day (October 25) and shared healthy versions of some of the restaurant’s traditional recipes.
HEALTHY PASTA PRIMAVERA WITH A SIDE OF SPINACH RICOTTA MEATBALLS
Ground Beef Chuck, lean — 2 lb.
Salt 1 tsp.
Ground Black Pepper 1 tsp.
Italian Breadcrumbs 3/4 cup
Grated Parmesan Cheese, low-fat 1/2 cup
Whole Eggs 3 ea.
Roasted Garlic 2 Tbsp.
Ricotta Cheese, low-fat 10 oz.
Fresh Spinach, blanched, drained and chopped 6 oz.
Marinara Sauce 1 qt.
1. In a mixing bowl evenly layer portions of ground chuck with mixed dry ingredients, eggs, garlic, ricotta cheese and spinach.
2. Gently mix by hand for 30 seconds, breaking up any pockets of ingredients.
3. Mix additional 30 seconds. DO NOT OVERMIX INGREDIENTS (overmixing will cause meatballs to be tough).
4. Gently shape mixture into 2 oz. balls (1/4 cup ea.) and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
5. Cook meatballs in 400 degrees oven for 10 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and using tongs transfer meatballs to a casserole dish 2 inches deep.
7. Pour marinara sauce over meatballs.
8. Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
9. Meatballs are finished when they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees for 15 seconds.
Olive Oil 1 Tbsp.
Garlic, chopped 2 oz.
Diced Tomatoes 2 cup
Salt & Pepper 1 pinch
Marinara Sauce 1 cup
Basil, julienne chopped 1 Tbsp.
Capellini Pasta 1 lb. cooked
Parmesan Cheese, shredded
1. Heat olive oil in sauté pan.
2. Add chopped garlic. Cook until light golden brown.
3. Add diced tomatoes and salt & pepper. Cook until slightly soft.
4. Add marinara sauce and simmer 5 minutes on medium-high, stirring as needed.
5. While sauce is cooking, drop pasta into boiling water and cook until al dente.
6. Strain pasta and return to pan.
7. Add 3/4 of sauce to pasta and toss using a wooden spoon.
8. Once the sauce and pasta are tossed well, place into a bowl and top with remaining sauce.
9. Sprinkle shredded parmesan cheese over top of pasta and sprinkle basil over top.
For more, visit BucaDiBeppo.com.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.