CBS Boss Les Moonves: Angus T. Jones Situation 'A Piece Of Cake' Compared To Charlie Sheen

Jon Cryer, Charlie Sheen, Leslie Moonves, co-president and co-COO Viacom and chairman CBS, and Angus T. Jones, Jan. 18, 2005 Jon Cryer, Charlie Sheen, Leslie Moonves, co-president and co-COO Viacom and chairman CBS, and Angus T. Jones, Jan. 18, 2005

CBS top executive Les Moonves said dealing with the situation concerning “Two and a Half Men” star Angus T. Jones, who called his sitcom “filth” in a recent religious-themed YouTube clip, has been “a piece of cake,” when compared to roller coaster ride the network went through with Charlie Sheen.

Moonves made the comment during a breakfast interview with Wall Street Journal Deputy Editor-in-Chief Gerard Baker this week, after the journalist asked if there were plans to find another “half man” for the show following the incident with Jones.

“We have other plans. I don’t think it’s been quite resolved,” he said. “But, after going through what we went through with Charlie Sheen, this is a piece of cake. It’s been an interesting time, as it always is, in television.”

The CBS boss also noted the actor made the rant while still taking a paycheck.

“We took this boy who started with us when he was eight years old, and it seems to be what happens with child stars over the course of time,” Moonves said. “He’s now making $300,000 per week, which is not a bad salary for a 19-year-old kid, and he went on a religious channel and urged people not to watch the show because it was filth. By the way, he’s still collecting his $300,000 a week.”

As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, after news of Angus’ video was posted, a source told Access the actor intends to fulfill his contractual obligations for the current season of “Two and a Half Men.”

The source said no decision has been made about Season 11.

Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.