Imagine going to sleep and waking up the next morning a more gorgeous you.
Glam Slam has a roundup of celebrities’ favorite overnight beauty tricks. All it takes is 10 minutes to apply right before bed. And, voila - you will have better skin from head to toe, healthier and shinier hair and a glowing tan.
1. Kiehl’s Super Multi-Corrective cream ($62, Kiehls.com or in-store), which is clinically demonstrated to correct all key signs of aging in just 2 weeks, lifts, firms, sculpts and smooths skin. Your skin repairs itself overnight, so pm application is key. Kiehl’s chemists took a multi-functional approach to anti-aging with a cutting-edge formula and proprietary Tri-Active Technology to visibly redefine skin.
Celebrity fans include Kate Beckinsale, Julianne Moore and Kelly Rowland.
2. Wakaya Perfection Ginger ($24, Wakayaperfection.com or Bloomingdales), which is an organic ginger from the Fijian island Wakaya, can be used as a body scrub and is the perfect skin prep before applying self tanner. The ginger is used in the categories of eat, drink and thrive, so you can literally sip your pre-bedtime ginger tea to cleanse your system and correct stomach woes, while enjoying a ginger foot soak and mixing up a ginger body scrub.
Celebrity fans include Lauren Conrad, Zoe Saldana, Malin Akerman and Molly Simms.
3. Dior Beauty’s Dior Bronze Self Tanner for Face and Body ($33-$35, Sephora stores and Sephora.com), which is a satiny, golden gel that mimics a natural tan. Bronze Perfect pH complex allows this long-lasting tinted emulsion to gradually deepen the complexion for natural, luminous results. The key to the best self-tanning is applying it at night to avoid staining your clothes. You’ll wake up with a gorgeous glow and no wardrobe concerns!
Celebrity fans include Charlize Theron and Emmy Rossum.
4. Black 15 in1 Miracle Hair Treatment ($18.00, black15in1.com), which is a multi-purpose leave-in treatment and styling product boasting literally 15 benefits in 1 bottle, will work overtime overnight to hydrate, increase shine, diminish frizz, cure split ends, extend color, etc.
Celebrity fans include Nina Dobrev, Olivia Munn and Jamie Chung.
5. Treating Your Undereyes Overnight: With your eyes being the window to not only your soul, but last night’s sleep, the right undereye care before bed will have you looking refreshed, depuffed and bright-eyed. A favorite is La Prairie’s Advanced Marine Biology Eye Gel. ($105, www.shoplaprairie.com) The ultimate indulgence, this luxe anti-aging eye treatment reduces puffiness and dark circles around the eye area. Apply under the eyes and on the eyelids and wake up with firmer, smoother looking skin. For double the oomph, apply in the morning as well. Another favorite is the more budget-friendly Mario Badescu’s ultra-hydrating Olive Eye Cream. ($18, www.MarioBadescu.com). This is their most intense and rich eye cream. Formulated with Olive Oil and Cocoa Butter to provide extreme levels of moisture to the delicate eye area, this overnight product is perfect for transitioning skin into fall/winter weather when hydration becomes extra important.
-- Terri MacLeod
(Glam Slam’s Ryan Patterson is on maternity leave)
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.