Chace Crawford Cuts Loose From ‘Footloose’ Remake
First Published: April 13, 2010 12:10 PM EDT Credit: Getty Premium
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- First Zac Efron, and now Chace Crawford has left the remake of “Footloose.”
In news first reported by Entertainment Weekly, a rep for Paramount confirmed to Access Hollywood that the “Gossip Girl” star is leaving the reboot of the 1984 dance movie classic.
According to an EW source, Paramount could possibly launch a nationwide search to find an unknown actor to play the role first made famous by Kevin Bacon.
Another source told the mag that Chace’s “Gossip” work schedule, which will have him shooting episodes come July, conflicted with the movie’s shooting schedule, which was slated to film this summer.
When Access caught up with the actor in July of 2009, he said he had already started training for the role.
“It’s been intense,” Chace said at the time. “It’s not the gymnastics stuff so much. I have a bit of athleticism so they’re letting me see what takes shape and create something original.”
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, the movie’s original director, Kenny Ortega, reportedly left the project in October due to creative differences with the studio.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.