Chef Alex Hitz's Cobbler Recipes (Access Hollywood Live)
Strawberry or Mixed Berry Cobbler:
Serve warm with “Perfect” Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream.
- 4 CUPS WHOLE STRAWBERRIES, STEMMED OR MIXED BERRIES
- 2 STICKS SALTED BUTTER, MELTED
- 2 CUPS FLOUR
- 1 TABLESPOON BAKING SODA
- 1 TEASPOON SALT
- 2 CUPS MILK
- 2 CUPS SUGAR
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 350.
- 2. Pour melted butter in a 9X13 baking dish. Add fruit.
- 3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk dry ingredients together, and then slowly add milk, stirring until just smooth. Do not over mix, or the cobbler will be tough.
- 4. Pour batter over fruit and butter, and bake for 45 minutes until more than golden brown and set.
Vanilla Ice Cream:
Perfect French Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2.5 cups heavy cream
- 1.5 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon + 1.5 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8 egg yolks
- 1.25 cups sugar
- .5 teaspoon salt
Place all ingredients in an Ice Cream Freezer, and operate it according to its directions.