Chef Alex Hitz’s Cobbler Recipes (Access Hollywood Live)
First Published: August 16, 2013 11:34 AM EDT Credit:
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Strawberry or Mixed Berry Cobbler:
Serve warm with “Perfect” Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream.
- 4 CUPS WHOLE STRAWBERRIES, STEMMED OR MIXED BERRIES
- 2 STICKS SALTED BUTTER, MELTED
- 2 CUPS FLOUR
- 1 TABLESPOON BAKING SODA
- 1 TEASPOON SALT
- 2 CUPS MILK
- 2 CUPS SUGAR
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 350.
- 2. Pour melted butter in a 9X13 baking dish. Add fruit.
- 3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk dry ingredients together, and then slowly add milk, stirring until just smooth. Do not over mix, or the cobbler will be tough.
- 4. Pour batter over fruit and butter, and bake for 45 minutes until more than golden brown and set.
Vanilla Ice Cream:
Perfect French Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2.5 cups heavy cream
- 1.5 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon + 1.5 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8 egg yolks
- 1.25 cups sugar
- .5 teaspoon salt
Place all ingredients in an Ice Cream Freezer, and operate it according to its directions.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.