Cheryl Cole Breaks Silence After 'X Factor' Departure

Cheryl Cole is speaking out for the first time since it was announced that she will not be appearing on the upcoming U.S. version of the “The X Factor.”

“I have had the weirdest past few weeks (nothing unusual there though.) I wouldn’t even know how to begin to tell you all about it. What I do know for certain is that I have the BEST, most unbelievable people out there, who I feel so lucky to call my support system,” the British pop singer wrote in a blog post on her website on Sunday.

“You never fail to amaze me. I have been reading your letters and opening my prezzies (I feel very spoilt) and hearing all of your kind, special and inspiring things you want to say to me,” she continued. “I feel your presence and strength always, and no matter what decision I make or what it is I’m facing, I appreciate you all more than you’ll ever know. It also breaks my heart a little when i hear that some of you worry about me and need to know that I am ok, so I want to PROMISE you that I am absolutely fine and more than ok!”

The British star — who at one time was reported to have also lost her seat on the UK version of “The X Factor” — said she’s been enjoying her time away from the spotlight.

“I have had the time that I have not had in so long to just chill with my loved ones and do the normal things that I like to do. See my friends and family and be with my doggys :D. It feels long overdue and sooooo good, even my feet are happy to not have to wear a pair of high heels hehe,” she added in the blog post.

Simon Cowell recently revealed to Access Hollywood that although Cheryl was axed and then replaced by Nicole Scherzinger, the Brit will still appear on TV when the show hits FOX this fall.

“Yeah, you’re gonna see her on the show,” Simon told Access earlier this month.

Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.