The Billboard 200 album chart was topped by three strong new releases this week, with “Ciara: The Evolution” claiming the #1 spot. The 338,447 sold copies of Ciara’s latest album outpaced new debuts from Eminem and Gwen Stefani.
Perhaps it’s Ciara’s broad appeal that factored into her fantastic debut, as she explains to Rashmi Shastri of 360-x.com:
“My main goal is to make great music. The cool thing about my records is that they appeal to different audiences. I don?t want to leave out anybody. I hear kids singing and dancing to my records so hopefully that will continue.”
The “Hannah Montana” soundtrack continues to endure, creeping back up the chart to land at # 4 this week.
The “Now 23” compilation falls one spot to #5, while the opera-influenced quartet Il Divo moves up the chart to come in at #6.
Two ex-“American Idols” hold on to Top 10 positions, with Chris Daughtry’s “Daughtry” coming in at #7 and Carrie Underwood’s “Some Hearts” moving up three spaces from last week to the 10th position.
Filling out the rest of the Top 10 are The Beatles’ “Love” and Sarah McLachlan’s holiday disc “Wintersong” at numbers 8 and 9, respectively.
Next week sees new releases from Nas, Bow Wow, Trick Daddy and Neil Young.
Below is Billboard’s Top 10 Album chart for the week.
TOP 10 Albums
ARTIST- TITLE -UNITS SOLD
1. CIARA - Ciara: The Evolution - 338,447
2. EMINEM (plus VARIOUS) - The Re-Up - 308,804
3. GWEN STEFANI - The Sweet Escape - 242,671
4. SOUNDTRACK - Hannah Montana - 231,795
5. VARIOUS ARTISTS - Now, Volume 23 - 184,735
6. IL DIVO - Siempre - 166,065
7. DAUGHTRY - Daughtry - 155,021
8. THE BEATLES - Love - 151,731
9. SARAH MCLACHLAN - Wintersong - 136,818
10. CARRIE UNDERWOOD - Some Hearts - 126,345
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.