Access Hollywood Live: Courtney Thorne-Smith’s Tasty Atkins-Friendly Recipes
Kit Hoover joins guest host Lisa Rinna and Courtney Thorne-Smith for an Atkins cooking segment on Access Hollywood Live on January 25, 2012
LOS ANGELES, Calif. --
Courtney Thorne-Smith knows a thing or two about staying in great shape, and part of that is the right diet.
The actress stopped by Access Hollywood Live to share some tasty recipes to help with eating healthy, courtesy of “The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook” by Colette Heimowitz.
Green Goddess Grilled Chicken
1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, each split horizontally
1/4 cup regular (not low-fat) mayonnaise
2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
3 Tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 Tbs minced fresh parsley
1 large scallion, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp minced fresh tarragon
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 Tsp salt
1 Tsp granular sugar substitute
1/2 Tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine mayonnaise, oil, lemon juice, parsley, scallion, tarragon, garlic, salt, sugar substitute, and pepper in a gallon-size resealable plastic bag. Add chicken, seal bag, and shake to coat. Refrigerate 1 hour.
2. Heat a charcoal or gas grill to medium or heat a grill pan.
3. Remove chicken from marinade and shake off any excess. Grill chicken, turning occasionally, until just cooked through, about 7 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Net carbs: 2 grams
Total carbs: 2 grams
Fiber: 0 grams
Protein: 53 grams
Fat: 24 grams
Mexican Avocado Salad
24 cherry tomatoes, quartered
1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 Tsps red wine vinegar
1 Tsp salt
1/4 Tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 medium yellow or white onion, finely chopped
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
2 Tbs chopped, fresh cilantro
1/4 medium head iceberg lettuce cut into half-inch ribbons
2 ripe Hass avocados, seeded, peeled and chopped
1. Combine tomatoes, oil, vinegar and pepper in a medium bowl; let stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Add onlion, ja;apeno and cilantro; toss well.
2. Arrange lettuce on a platter and top with avocado. Spoon tomato mixture on top and serve.
Makes 8, 1 cup servings.
Net carbs: 3 grams
Total carbs: 7 grams
Fiber: 4 grams
Protein: 2 grams
Fat: 9 grams:
(Recipes reprinted with permission of Touchstone Books from ‘The New Atkins for a New You Cookbook’ by Colette Heimowitz)
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
On The Set: The Stars Visit Access Hollywood Live (Jan. 2012)
Check out some of the famous faces who stopped by in January!
‘Melrose Place’: Then And Now
See the stars of the original ‘Melrose Place’ and a few of the newly cast stars — and find out who went on to star in ‘Sex and The City,’and ‘Desperate Housewives’