Dancing With The Stars: All-Stars Cast Revealed!
The “Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars” cast has been revealed!
Among the competitors making their way back to the ballroom for the ABC reality series will be several former champs, including Emmitt Smith, Shawn Johnson and Apolo Anton Ohno, as well as a handful of ballroom beauties from seasons passed, like Pamela Anderson and Melissa Rycroft!
Here is the complete list of names announced by ABC at the TCAs this morning:
- Emmitt Smith – the NFL legend took home the mirrorball trophy as the winner of Season 3, along with his pro partner Cheryl Burke
- Gilles Marini – the TV heartthrob, who was paired with Cheryl Burke, finished as the runner-up to Shawn Johnson in Season 8
- Joey Fatone — the former *NSYNC’er danced with Kym Johnson in his first go-around, finishing as the runner-up in Season 4 to Olympian Apolo Anton Ohno
- Pamela Anderson – the blond bombshell was eliminated sixth, along with pro partner Damian Whitewood, in Season 10
- Helio Castroneves – the racecar driver finished ahead of the pack, taking home the title in Season 5, along with pro partner Julianne Hough
- Melissa Rycroft – the reality TV star-turned-TV talker finished in third place (one spot behind Gilles Marini) in Season 8, as she danced with pro Tony Dovolani
- Kelly Monaco – “Dancing’s” very first champ in Season 1, the actress/soap star is back for another shot at the title, after previously competing with pro Alec Mazo
- Shawn Johnson – the Olympian took home the mirrorball in Season 8, alongside pro Mark Ballas, beating out fellow returning “All-Star” Gilles Marini
- Drew Lachey – the winner of Season 2, along with pro Cheryl Burke, the former 98 Degrees singer is back again
- Bristol Palin – one of the more controversial “Stars” in the show’s history, Bristol first appeared in Season 11 with pro Mark Ballas – the duo finished in third place
- Apolo Anton Ohno – Apolo and partner Julianne Hough danced their way to the title in Season 4, beating out fellow returning “Star” Joey Fatone
- Kirstie Alley – the veteran TV actress just missed out on the mirrorball with partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy in Season 12, falling just shot to NFL star Hines Ward
Lastly, ABC announced one final returning “Star” will be chosen by the audience. Among the choices are Kyle Massey (Season 11), Sabrina Bryan (Season 5) or Carson Kressley (Season 13).
Fans can vote for their “Viewer’s Choice: All Star,” here.
In addition, the celebrities’ pro partners will be revealed on ABC’s “Good Morning America” on August 13.
Following the announcement of the cast, host Tom Bergeron joked that he won’t have to coddle the cast as much this time around.
“The nice thing about it, every other season, I had to be a bit more tentative with the stars because they’re just learning it and they’re nervous,” Tom told reporters inside the TCA session. “All these guys know how to do it and so I don’t have to be as nice!”
“Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars” debuts Monday, September 24 on ABC.
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.