'Dancing With The Stars': Brooke Burke-Charvet Exits

Brooke Burke-Charvet, 2012 Brooke Burke-Charvet, 2012

Brooke Burke-Charvet is leaving “Dancing with the Stars.”

“We can confirm that Brooke Burke-Charvet will not be joining us next season,” Conrad Green, Executive Producer of “Dancing with the Stars,” said in a statement to Access Hollywood on Friday. “She’s been a wonderful part of the ‘Dancing with the Stars’ family since her triumphant win in season seven and will unquestionably be missed by our entire team. We’d like to thank Brooke for her years of great service.”

The television host released a statement on Friday to Access Hollywood, hinting that the news was a shocker.

PHOTOS: The Sexy Pros Of ‘Dancing With The Stars’

“I have enjoyed seven seasons co-hosting ‘DWTS’ but understand the need for change considering the position of the show at this juncture,” she said in her statement. “I’ve always been one to embrace change and looking forward to pursuing opportunities I previously wasn’t able to entertain because of contractual obligations to the show. I’ve seen my fair share of shocking eliminations in the ballroom but this one takes the cake.”

Brooke isn’t the first female co-host to depart the show.

WATCH: ‘Dancing’s’ Amber Riley & Derek Hough Celebrate Win

Samantha Harris parted ways with “DWTS” in January 2010.

-- Jolie Lash

Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.