“The X Factor” talent shakeup surprised many on Monday night when host Steve Jones, judge Nicole Scherzinger – and Paula Abdul – were revealed as having parted ways with the FOX reality competition series, but did the former Pussycat Call Doll hint at her departure back in December?
Access spoke to Nicole at “The X Factor” finale last month, where we asked about returning to Simon Cowell’s show for a second season.
“If they would like to have me back. Right now, umm,” she said at the time, taking a long pause. “It’s been a very emotional year for me. I’m an artist first and a judge second.”
Nicole explained that regardless of her future on the FOX series, she had big plans for the year.
“I’m really excited because I’m going to be focusing on my music next year,” she said. “The album is gonna come out and I’m gonna tour.”
On Tuesday, Nicole Tweeted about her departure.
“I wanted to let you know directly from me that it’s true I won’t be returning to The X Factor,” she wrote, adding, “Looking forward to an exciting year ahead and making great music and more! I’m grateful for the love you always give me.”
AH Nation Poll: Will you still watch ‘The X Factor’ without Paula, Nicole and Steve? VOTE HERE!
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.