O’Donnell Won’t Be On ‘Dancing With The Stars’
First Published: March 1, 2011 4:04 PM EST Credit: Getty Images
WILMINGTON, Del. -- There was one notable absence in this season’s “Dancing with the Star” cast.
Ex-Delaware Senate candidate Christine O’Donnell will not be a contestant on the hit reality TV show, as was widely speculated.
The contestants were announced Monday night near the end of “The Bachelor” on ABC. O’Donnell was not among the celebrities, who will include Sugar Ray Leonard, Ralph Macchio, Hines Ward and Kirstie Alley. The show will return March 21.
O’Donnell said last week that she had been invited to compete on the 12th season of the show. But the Republican and tea party favorite said she wasn’t sure she should accept because she has two left feet and a book about politics to complete.
O’Donnell said on her website Monday night she was honored to be invited but that she would instead work on her book.