Former 'Bachelorette' Couple Ali & Roberto Call It Quits
The wedding is officially off for Ali Fedotowsky and Roberto Martinez.
Just weeks after announcing they were putting nuptial plans on hold, the former “Bachelorette” couple has called it quits, a rep for Ali & Roberto has confirmed to Access Hollywood.
“Ali Fedotowsky and Roberto Martinez have ended their relationship,” the rep told Access on Monday. “As they go through this difficult time, we ask that you respect the couple’s privacy.”
It was in August that the former “Bachelorette” first revealed their road to the altar had been put on hold, putting the blame for the detour on an injury to her leg.
“We had a date set, and that date has now passed,” Ali told People at the time, citing surgery the month prior on her leg. “The decision to postpone [the wedding] was very difficult. I definitely shed some tears.”
In October, the wedding was once again postponed, with Ali again saying the couple was still together despite plans for the big day being shelved.
“We’re still engaged; we’re still living together,” the 27-year-old, who appeared on Season 6 of the hit ABC series, told People. “We just don’t feel the need to walk down the aisle right now.”
“At this point we’re not planning a wedding,” the reality star continued. “Does that mean we’re fighting? No. Does that mean we’re miserable? Absolutely not! We’re happy where we are. When we have things figured out, we’ll let you know.”
Now, a few weeks later, the couple has confirmed they have split.
Unfortunately for Ali, while she no longer has a groom-to-be, there is one thing she’s stuck with a bit longer – her last name.
“Are you dropping the Fedotowsky?” Billy Bush asked Ali on Access Hollywood Live in September 2010 about changing her name post-marriage.
“Are you kidding me?!?” she laughed. “I’ve been waiting my whole life to drop the Fedotowsky.”
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.