Friend: 'Millionaire's' Megan 'Devastated' After Model's Murder 

Megan Hauserman, star of 'Megan Wants a Millionaire,' on July 13, 2009 Megan Hauserman, star of 'Megan Wants a Millionaire,' on July 13, 2009

Megan Hauserman, star of “Megan Wants A Millionaire,” is “devastated” in the wake of news that show contestant Ryan Jenkins is suspected of murder, a friend told People.

“Megan is devastated,” the friend told the mag. “She got to know Ryan through her show, and she is shocked and saddened by the week’s events.”

The reality show has been pulled from VH1 since news broke earlier this week that Jenkins has been charged by the Orange County District Attorney with the murder of his ex-wife, model Jasmine Fiore. Her body was found in a suitcase last weekend and identified by the serial numbers of her breast implants.

A manhunt is currently underway for Jenkins, who is thought to have fled to his native Canada.

According to TMZ, authorities have “reason to believe” Jenkins has been assisted by his parents, who have “tremendous financial means.”

“Right now, Megan is taking comfort in her friends and keeping a close eye on news as this story unfolds,” the friend told People.

As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com, footage from “Millionaire” has been made available to the authorities.

“The police asked [the show’s production company] 51 Minds for some tape from his ‘Megan’ appearances. The company has been completely cooperative,” a spokesman from the production company previously told Access.

Additionally, Jenkins was to star on another VH1 reality show, “I Love Money 3,” which series co-star Lacey Conner has stated will “NOT be airing.”

Filming on the show had already been completed.

Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.