George Clooney: 5 Things The Actor Revealed In His Reddit 'Ask Me Anything' Session
George Clooney is usually tightlipped on his personal life, but the “Tomorrowland” star opened up during a Reddit “Ask Me Anything” series on Tuesday.
Here’s what the 52-year-old had to say about five random topics asked by Reddit users:
1. George Likes To Make What?: “I’m a cobbler, I like to make shoes … [He said when asked if he or Daniel Day-Lewis is a better cobbler]. When Daniel Day-Lewis was spending all his time playing Lincoln, I was just fixing shoes. He’s spending all the time focused on the hat, and the pipe, and getting into character, and I remained focused – with the overalls and the hammer.”
2. On The Movie Role That He’s Embarrassed By. “Well, I wasn’t thrilled with the nipples on the Batsuit. You know, that’s not something you really think about when you’re putting it on. You figure all Batsuits have nipples and then you realize yours was really the first. Batman was just constantly cold I guess.”
3. On Why It’s Hard To Hang Out With Sandra Bullock: “It’s tricky ‘cause Sandy drinks so much that oftentimes it’s just hard to keep her upright. No, you know, Sandy and I have known each other for over 20 years and we both were struggling actors when we first met. She was dating a friend of mine at the time who’s still a good friend of ours … She’s somebody I adore, really, she’s just fun to be in a room with… Very smart and centered, even though she does drink a lot.”
4. Does He Think His Eyes Are “Lonely”?: “I actually have only one lonely eye. The other eye’s got nothin’ but friends.”
5. On His Favorite Co-Star To Work With: “Let me think about this in the best possible way that doesn’t get me murdered by all other actors I’ve worked with. I don’t know … I’ve done six films with [Matt] Damon now, so I guess I do enjoy working with him, though you wouldn’t know it.”
-- Jesse Spero
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.