Glam Slam: 6 Tips For Beautiful Brows
Friday is Eyebrow Intervention Day! Avoid bad brows with the help of celebrity makeup artist and brow expert Ramy Gafni, who tells us the biggest brow trend on the runways and the red carpet is “Boy-Brows,” a bolder, thicker, straighter version of traditional arches seen on model Cara Delevigne and actress Lily Collins.
Ramy, who has worked with everyone from Halle Berry to Claire Danes, shares his tips for achieving the coveted “Boy-Brows” look.
- When it doubt, don’t pluck it out. Boy-Brows err on the thicker side, so bolder is better.
- Brush eyebrows upward, and if there is much length, trim them slightly with eyebrow scissors – as though you’re trimming split ends. Remember you can always trim more, but you can’t put it back.
- Using tweezers, remove one row of hair from beginning to end, but don’t remove any additional hairs under the arch. Boy-brows have a straighter feel.
- Pluck in between the brows to keep the look clean and manicured. To determine where brows should begin and end, hold a pencil vertically against the side of the nose. Where the pencil lands by your brow is where it should begin and repeat on the other side of the nose.
- Fill in any sparse areas with brow filler for a bold look. Regardless of formula, once applied, use a brush to brush the product through the brows. This removes excess product and fills in areas for a natural finish.
- To avoid having the face appear top heavy, pair a bold brow with a trendy orange lip. It’s a great way to add balance without overpowering the features. Have fun with high-watt pigment or sheer color such as Ramy Lipstick in Maya.
-- Ryan Patterson
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.