We saw lots of up-do’s and dramatic “Red Carpet” hair at the Globes this week, but what about more natural, casual, doable styles for real women?
Alli Webb, President and Founder of LA’s blow dry bar Drybar, (Cindy Crawford, Jennifer Love Hewitt, Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Maria Shriver are all regulars) shares her tips for the perfect blow out… inspired by three star styles.
COSMO – TAI
It’s the ideal cross between the Cosmopolitan (loose curls) and the Mai-Tai (messy, beachy). Here are tips for the best way to emulate this look (like Jessica Biel).
1. Curl with a medium to large barrel curling iron or curl stick from the middle of the hair shaft and work down — work in vertical sections.
2. Be sure to leave the top straight - you definitely want the slight wave more towards the ends of your hair.
3. A light pomade will also help with piecey-ness. Apply a very small amount of pomade (rubbed evenly in your palms) and twist 1-inch sections all around your head.
Straight & Sleek
This is a great straight and sleek look that works perfectly on Jessica Alba.
1. Using a flat iron is an easy way to achieve this look - just be sure the angle the iron toward your face as you move the iron down your hair to give it an ever so slight kick under.
2. To seal the look, use a teeny amount of Kerastase Elixir Ultime oil - mostly on the ends.
3. Run your fingers thru your hair starting around mid-shaft (never put oil or product at your roots!) to piece the hair out just slightly. (Brushing it at the end can make it look clumpy!)
Mila Kunis can do no wrong in my book. Love this messy, beachy style on her.
1. The key to this style is setting some loose curls all over your hair - start the curl from the root with a large barrel curling iron - curl away from the face!
* Use a great texturing spray (Drybar is working on a fab one as we speak!)
2. Curls should not be perfect! **Don’t leave the iron in the hair too long.
3. Finish with a light shine spray and mess up/tousle the shit your hair.
For more info check out www.thedrybar.com.
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.