Glam Slam: Amanda Woodward’s Bitchin’ Style
First Published: November 17, 2009 1:11 PM EST Credit: The CW
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- “The Bitch is Back.”
That is the CW’s big “Melrose Place” promo push for tonight’s highly anticipated return of TV’s ultimate bitch, Amanda Woodward. Heather Locklear nailed playing the conniving vixen you-love-to-hate back in the ‘90s and something tells us she’s gonna deliver the deliciously dramatic goods again.
And what would Amanda be without her signature ultra sexy wardrobe? (Hello! Could her skirts be any shorter?) The show’s Costume Designer Emma Trask reveals Amanda’s “Melrose” Must Haves.
1. SKIRT LENGTH ‘Melrose Place’ is bringing the mini back to the office and of course Amanda is infamous for her short skirts. Don’t be afraid to alter your designer skirts and dresses, because unless you have the frame of a runway model they are probably not hitting at the right spot. Find the length that is most flattering on your legs… as you may have heard Amanda’s is mid-thigh!
2. HEELSFor Amanda, heels must be at least 5 inches high to maximize the effect of the mini. Try platforms with the height at the front and the back, they will give you the high heel effect without putting so much strain on your feet. But be warned, they do take some getting used to especially on uneven surfaces such as the ‘Melrose Place’ courtyard. Amanda’s favorites are Giuseppe Zanotti, Jimmy Choo and Cesare Paciotti.
3. JEWELRYWhen it comes to jewelry with Amanda, less is more, but the pieces Amanda chooses to wear always make a statement like the Sutra Watch from H.Stern and the Tubogas Serpent Watch from Bvlgari. Jewelry that tells time and diamonds are typically Amanda’s best friends.
4. DESIGNER BAGS Being the high-powered publicist that she is, Amanda has acquired an extensive collection of designer handbags. And she uses every last one of them, selecting a bag for every outfit that perfectly coordinates with her shoes and jewelry. Judith Leiber is Amanda’s go-to for bags, for day and especially for evening.
5. BLACK AND WHITEFor power dressing, you can never go wrong with black and white. Amanda chooses this classic look but adds a twist that commands attention with graphic lines, exposed shoulders and back baring silhouettes.
Heather returns to “Melrose Place” tonight at 9 PM on The CW.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.