Glam Slam: Bag Week — Diaper Bag Essentials
First Published: August 28, 2009 1:31 PM EDT Credit: Access Hollywood
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- The latest “It Bag” for me these days isn’t from Chanel or Louis Vuitton or Prada. It’s my diaper bag and here are my fave essentials for today’s Friday Five.
1. DIAPER DUTYFirst things first- the diapers! If you are going the eco-friendly route, check out Smartipants, which bills itself as “the world’s smartest, one-size-fits-all reusable diaper.” Recently introduced to Gwen Stefani, Halle Berry and Minnie Driver, these cloth diapers are free from chemicals or irritants and give moms an alternative to disposable diapers. www.smartipants.com
2. CLEAN UP GEARBaby wipes are a must. Baby Silk Gentle All-Over Cleansing Towelettes, which are loaded with vitamins and organic aloe, are certified hypoallergenic and free of mineral oil, lanolin and petroleum. Good for baby’s sensitive skin…on both cheeks! www.whatshebuys.com Also make sure you have plenty of burp cloths. You will go through them like there’s no tomorrow.
3. WRAP STARMake sure you have at least one blanket. For a lightweight, breathable swaddling blanket, it’s gotta be Aden + Anais, which makes the top selling baby blanket on Amazon. And with good reason! These 100% cotton muslin blankets have so many uses- they can double as a stroller cover, nursing cover, diaper changing pad, or burp cloth. Jennifer Garner, Matthew McConaughey, Naomi Watts and Adam Sandler are just a few of the stars who have these hip blankets, which are printed with everything from zebras to goldfish. www.adenandanais.com (the company has also introduced great sleeping bags and towels too!)
I also carry a heavier blanket when the weather gets cooler. Cozy Faux faux fur blankets (Cindy Crawford, Sharon Stone and Angie Harmon are fans) are chic and yes, just like the name says, very cozy- perfect for chilly temperatures! www.cozyfaux.com
4. SPARE OUTFITYou wouldn’t drive your car without a spare tire and I don’t leave home without an extra outfit- you never know when disaster will strike! Angelina, Jessica Alba and Halle Berry are all fans of Kicky Pants- a line of cute, comfy outfits, separates, PJ’s hats and blankets made with organically certified bamboo fabric. www.innovative-baby.com
5. HAND SANITIZERI’ve become a germaphobe since having a baby…it’s good to always be prepared! Frais Hand Sanitizer Les Huit kills 99.9% of germs, but it’s made with only natural, non-toxic ingredients including ginger, tangerine, lemon myrtle, and basil. Hollywood moms Kelly Ripa and Jennie Garth love this naturally moisturizing eco- friendly sanitizer, which is recyclable, cruelty free and vegan. www.fraislux.com
ADORABLE EXTRANot necessary an essential, but totally cute anyway are Bumble Bells..anklets for your little one that jingle! Bumble Bells have been described as the “original baby tracking device.” Clever! Gwen Stefani’s baby Zuma rocks ‘em! www.bumblebells.com
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.