At first glance, I didn’t recognize “Glee” star Dianna Agron on the red carpet at the Grammys. She left the sweet Quinn she plays on the show at home and went for a hipper look wearing a black satin bustier and matching skirt with asymmetrical hemline from Vivienne Westwood’s Gold Label collection. She also skipped the pony tail for an edgier ‘do and here’s how you can get the same look:
WHO: Celebrity Hairstylist Adir Abergel
THE INSPIRATION: A feminine and fresh take on the 1950s rockabilly hairstyle
HOW TO GET THE LOOK:
1. Abergel started by applying the Fekkai Coiff Strong Hold Volume Mousse to the roots of dry hair and the Fekkai Silky Straight Ironless Smooth Finish Serum to the ends.
2. Then he hand blow-dried the hair until it was completely dry.
3. Using a 1-1/4” curling iron, he curled the hair and pinned it in place starting at the hairline all the way to the crown.
4. Abergel then pulled the back of the hair into a sleek chignon at the crown of the head.
5. To finish this look, he took the pin curls out and backcombed the roots in order to add volume for the pompadour effect.
6. To keep the backcombing in place, he sprayed Fekkai Coiff Sheer Hold Hairspray at the roots.
7. Next, Abergel took the Fekkai Classic Brush and smoothed the top hair into place.
8. He completed this look by applying Fekkai Coiff Nonchalant Piecing & Forming Wax on to ends of hair to create some separation and sprayed Fekkai Coiff Sheer Hold Hairspray to lock in the style.
For more info on products, check out www.fekkai.com
Copyright 2015 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.