Three months of non-stop sun, sand, salt water, wind and chlorine have taken a toll.
Time to send the hair to rehab! We asked Neil Weisberg and Amanda George of the Neil George Salon in Beverly Hills (Ashley Olsen, Cameron Diaz and Reese Witherspoon are clients) to share their tips on how to get your hair back in shape after Summer.
1) The Brazilian blowout is a service that helps to condition the hair from a Summer filled with environmental and hair tool excess. It’s packed with conditioners and protein for the hair, so while it relaxes the hair making it easier to blow-dry, it is also treating the hair with nutrients and conditioning elements.
2) Neil George Indian Gooseberry Treatment Oil to hydrate dry hair and help prevent breakage and flyaways, as well as add shine.
3) Invest in a Mason Pearson brush – it helps the natural oils to travel from the root area and scalp down the hair shaft to lubricate dry hair and add luster and shine.
4) A good hair mask or keratin treatment - leaving it on at least 10 minutes once a week to add protein to the hair in order to add strength. An inexpensive and easy option is Pantene Pro-V 5 minute mask.
5) DIY home remedy: 1 egg yolk, 2 tbsp olive oil, 5 drops Vitamin E, leaving on hair one hour once a week to hydrate dry hair.
Tomorrow, Glam Slam is all about End of Summer Skin Rehab!
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.