Glam Slam: Get Naya Rivera’s VMA Look!
First Published: August 29, 2013 3:12 PM EDT Credit: Getty Images
NEW YORK, N.Y. -- “Glee” star Naya Rivera looked smoking hot at Sunday’s MTV Video Music Awards. The 26-year-old actress wore a snug-fitting black dress that showed off all the right curves. Her sexy, sensual style must have made her rapper boyfriend Big Sean proud.
Naya’s look was inspired by the ‘70s. Her hair was worn long and sleek like a modern day Cher-look. And make-up artist Jo Baker created a disco-inspired smoky eye.
Jo shared with Glam Slam the steps and products she used to create the Pro-Active spokesperson’s look.
Steps to Achieve:
1. To prep Naya’s skin, Jo used the Proactiv+ 3-Step System, leaving it smooth and free of acne-causing bacteria.
2. Naya had traveled from LA to NY, so Jo used Proactiv Replenishing Eye Serum – a green tea antioxidant concoction – around the orbital bone to restore her tired eyes.
3. She then used Proactiv Smoothing Primer to give Naya’s skin an impeccable finish before applying foundation.
4. For Naya’s “70s disco-inspired eye,” Jo started with Napoleon Perdis It Takes Two Concealer and Foundation Pot to create a velvety-smooth base.
5. Jo wanted to emphasize Naya’s eyes with a molten metal reflection. She layered Napoleon Perdis Color Disc in Gunmetal Glam over her lids, blending the edges. She then brushed Napoleon Perdis Loose Eye Dust in Holy Smoke over the top to add depth and shimmer.
6. Around Naya’s lash line, she smudged Pixi Endless Silky Eye Pen in Black Noir and added several coats of Napoleon Perdis Runway Mascara in Black before adding fluttery lashes.
7. To contour Naya’s cheek bones, Jo used the Napoleon Perdis Ultimate Contour Palette.
8. She topped off the look with a neutral soft pinky lip, using Pixi Succulent Lip Twin in Opal Orchid.
-- Terri MacLeod
(Glam Slam’s Ryan Patterson is on maternity leave. Terri MacLeod is filling in.)
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.