Glam Slam: Happy Holidays — Kate Spade Style!
First Published: December 19, 2012 10:32 AM EST Credit: WireImage
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- All the cool girls are kate spade girls.
There’s Taylor Swift, (pictured wearing kate spade) Beyonce, Pippa Middleton and Kerry Washington to name a few.
It’s for the girl who isn’t afraid to stand out, which might explain why so many stars are fans! To me, kate spade screams fun! It’s colorful and festive, which makes it especially perfect for this time of year.
Deborah Lloyd, President and Creative Director of kate spade new york, shares tips for dressing and entertaining during the holidays and beyond.
1. Invest in a pair of great embellished flats for the season, as a hostess you should be comfortable so you can focus on entertaining your guests, and as a guest you should have a comfortable shoe for party hopping and dancing the night away. It is a nice relief from wearing heels, and you will still feel put together.
2. Statement jewelry is a must have for the holiday season – it is the best time of year to sparkle. An oversized cocktail ring or statement necklace can instantly transform any outfit – especially if you are going from desk to dinner.
3. When entertaining guests, a great tablescape makes for a memorable dinner party. I love dressing my dining table up with pops of color – I like to switch out traditional white candle sticks for hot pink ones. Fresh flowers in bright hues are also a must-have. I prefer simple bunches of peonies and hydrangeas on the table over a stuffy floral arrangement.
4. Hand written invitations can add a special touch to any holiday party that you are hosting, and of course hand written thank you notes are always appreciated.
5. Whenever I carry a quirky piece like one of the kate spade new york book clutches to a party, it is guaranteed to strike up a conversation. Be daring, and have fun with your accessories.
For more info, check out www.katespade.com.
-- Ryan Patterson
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.