Glam Slam: Hilary Duff’s ‘Beauty Rules’
First Published: November 23, 2010 4:23 PM EST Credit: WireImage
BURBANK, Calif. -- The adorable Hilary Duff was on Access Hollywood Live recently and I couldn’t help but notice her natural makeup, which was perfect for a morning show. It was fresh and pretty. Hilary always looks good, whether it’s as a beautiful bride or on the red carpet and you can achieve the same results thanks to makeup maven Bobbi Brown, whose celeb fans also include Gwyneth Paltrow, Demi Moore and Rachel Bilson. Hilary wrote the forward to Bobbi’s new book “Beauty Rules: Fabulous Looks, Beauty Essentials, and Life Lessons for Loving Your Teens and Twenties,” and she’s the perfect 20-something beauty inspiration. Bobbi reveals how you can achieve Hilary’s red carpet ready look in just a few, easy steps.
1. Brighten up your eyes with concealer: Use your skin tone correct concealer kit to brighten up under your eyes, making you look instantly refreshed. Concealer should be one to two shades lighter than your foundation.
2. Even out your skin with foundation: Choose a skin tone correct foundation stick (make sure it contains yellow undertones and NOT pink, as everyone has yellow undertones that naturally appear in the skin) to even out your complexion. Start by applying the product around the nose and working your way out.
3. Give your face an instant lift by applying blush on the cheeks: Choose a pink blush and apply a pop of color onto the apple of the cheeks, blending towards the hairline and then down to soften the edges.
4. Make your eyes stand out with a smoky eye shadow and dramatic eyeliner to accentuate their shape: Use a gray, sparkly shadow all over your lower lid and blend it into crease (try Galaxy Long-Wear Cream Shadow, so that no matter how long your night is, you won’t have to worry about it creasing or fading). Then, apply black eyeliner along the upper lash line, creating a bold, thick line. Make sure to line from the inner to outermost corner of the eye, as lining only half will make your eyes look smaller. Try Black Ink Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner for staying power and ultimate drama. Finish the eyes by applying two to three coats of mascara in the blackest black you can find to make lashes look full and thick.
5. To polish off your look, make lips look fuller with some lip gloss: Apply a pink, shimmery lip gloss onto your bottom and top lips for sheer color and high shine.
For more information on Bobbi, check out www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com. “Beauty Rules: Fabulous Looks, Beauty Essentials, and Life Lessons for Loving Your Teens and Twenties” is available now on www.amazon.com.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.