“I was thinking Lady Gaga and maybe a JWoww,” Nicole “Snooki” Polizzi revealed when asked about her Halloween costume plans.
Actually, Snooki herself, as well as Lady Gaga, are huge Halloween trends this year! Mika Fowler, Director of Styling at Gavert Atelier Salon in Beverly Hills, has worked with stars Kristen Stewart, AnnaLynne McCord and Paula Abdul, and shares her tips for creating the perfect hair this Halloween.
1. Separate your hair into two sections from ear to ear.
2. Use a spray heat protection product like Sebastian Whipped Creme to make your hair shiny and smooth.
3. Use a flat iron to make your hair as straight as possible. For frizzy hair, a steam iron like the Joico K-PAK ReconstRx VaporIron, is best.
4. From the front top of your hair, tease a one-inch section.
5. After you have created your large “pouf,” push it forward slightly to make your “pouf” even bigger.
6. Secure your “pouf” with a cheap hair clip.
LADY GAGA HAIR
1. Make a high ponytail.
2. On the last wrap don’t pull your hair all the way through, so you create a loop in your hair.
3. Divide your loop of hair into two smaller loops so your hair resembles a bow.
4. Pin the bottom of each loop to your head.
5. Use the excess hair from the bottom of the ponytail to wrap around the center of the “bow” and secure with a bobby pin.
6. Use a hairspray with a strong hold like Sebastian Shaper Fierce to hold your look.
JUSTIN BIEBER HAIR
1. Blow-dry your hair with a “cushion” style brush.
2. Brush your hair forward with the heat.
3. Brush your hair to the right with the heat and then to the left until your hair is as smooth and straight as possible.
4. Brush your hair to the desired side and style. It is best to use the heat from the blow dryer while you style your hair.
5. Lightly spray with hairspray everywhere for a light hold.
For more info, check out www.gavertatelier.com.
Copyright 2015 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.