Glam Slam: How To Wear Summer Brights
Jane Fonda just hit the Cannes Film Festival in a bright purple gown, proving that bold hues can look great on women of every age.
Have you dabbled in any bright colors for your wardrobe yet?
It can be intimidating, especially for those of us who do love our black wardrobes, but fear not, it can be done!
Cue fashion maven Maria Stanley. She’s the talented 25-year-old designer for the adorable new line Harlyn, whose celeb fans include Sienna Miller, Kelly Osbourne, Sophia Bush and Lauren Conrad (pictured, wearing a pretty bright, Harlyn dress).
Here, Maria shares her tips for wearing brights. Go for it!
- Pick your brights to compliment you! Finding the right color for you can brighten you up by making your eyes pop or your skin have an extra glow, so choose wisely.
- Wear one bright colored piece, the rest of your outfit should be fairly neutral. This balance is needed to stay effortlessly chic. Trying too hard is always a big no-no. Lauren Conrad earns a gold star for mixing a bright orange dress with nude pump.
- Keep hair and makeup simple, since you’ll want the attention on your outfit. However, a complimenting pop of color to the lips is always ok. As long as you pair with minimal makeup for the rest of your face, and a sleek ponytail.
- Don’t be afraid! Summer brights doesn’t necessarily mean you have to go head-to-toe highlighter neon, try a pop of color with a bright blue bag or heels. Pair it with your everyday t-shirt and favorite jeans.
- Prepare yourself for the head turn! Bright colored clothes can be very eye-catching.
-- Ryan Patterson
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.