Glam Slam: Makeup Mondays — Cruelty-Free Beauty
First Published: July 16, 2012 2:02 PM EDT Credit:
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Ready for some guilt-free glamour? Aren’t we all!
Gorgeous model and actress Lily Cole has collaborated on a limited-edition collection of cruelty-free products for The Body Shop, which is known for its cruelty-free stance.
Chase Aston, the company’s International Makeup Artist, who has also worked with Kate Moss and Heidi Klum, created Lily’s “In the Pink” look in the photo below using her line.
Chase describes the look as “edgy, yet fresh, and flirty summer color blocking — this season’s must-have makeup trend.”
Here, Chase gives his step-by-step tips for this pretty in pink look:
1. “To prep the complexion, first Take The Body Shop Lily Cole Pearl Radiance Primer and smooth all over the face, blending in until fully absorbed. This will ensure that your makeup lasts all day and into the night whilst giving the complexion a lit from within glow.
2. Using The Body Shop Extra Virgin Minerals Compact Foundation and a foundation brush, smooth and blend from the center of the face, outwards and down, around the hairline, along jaw-line and onto the neck, blending to sheer seamless coverage.
3. Now take The Lily Cole Shimmer Cube Palette 24 in lilacs and pinks and using The Body Shop Eye-Shadow Blender Brush sweep over the rose-pink shimmer cube and blend form the lash-line up-to the brow, all over the top eye-lid only.
4. Using the lighter pink shade in the palette and The Body Shop Eyeshadow Blender Brush smooth along the top lash-line and underneath the arch of the brow.
Top Tip: To transform the shimmer shade to matte, take The Body Shop Skin Primer Matte It and smooth all over eyelids once you have finished applying shadow shades.
5. To shape, shade, and define the brows take The Body Shop Brow Definer or The Body Shop Brow & Liner Kit (in your correct shade), and using short feathery strokes, fill in the brows. Lastly, use The Body Shop Brow & Lash Gel to set the shape of the brow.
6. Using an eyelash curler, curl lashes and apply The Body Shop Divide & Multiply Mascara to the top lashes only.
Top Tip: Press the mascara wand into the base of the lashes and hold, then gently zig-zag the wand side to side as you draw the wand up towards the tip of the lashes. Allow the first coat to dry, then re-apply.
7. For the cheeks, take The Body Shop Lily Cole Cruelty Free Lip & Cheek Dome in Pinch Me Pink, then softly smile and hold. Now smooth the cream cheek color over the apple of the cheek, then using your middle fingers or a soft blusher brush blend and smooth to a sheer seamless wash of color.
8. For the lips, take The Body Shop Lily Cole Cruelty Free Lip & Cheek Dome in Pink and using your finger smooth over a nude/clean lip for a subtle lip stain with a hint of pink. Top with The Body Shop ColourGlide Shine Lip Color in Pink Flash, and using a lip brush apply all over lips, for an amped up pink lip look!
9. Finally, take The Body Shop Vitamin E Face Mist and lightly spritz all over the face. This will help to set your make up and keep it fresh and fabulous all day and into the night!”
-- Ryan Patterson
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.