Glam Slam: Makeup Mondays - Glam Lips At The MTV Movie Awards
Wow! Did you see Charlize Theron at the MTV Movie Awards?
That gorgeous gal just keeps knocking it out of the park with all of her recent red carpet appearances. I loved her makeup too… simple and natural looking with a nude lip.
Emma Stone went the other direction adding a bright pop of color!
Lips are the easiest way to change UP your look or try out a new trend. Erin Keala Benke, Beauty Stylist for Nordstrom, shares five ways you too can do “Glam Lips.”
1. Get REDdy: Lipstick’s most iconic color is reinvented this Spring! This season, think powerful yet chic. For fair skin tones, choose a pinky-red hue like Dior “Addict Extreme” lipstick in Fireworks (#759) ($30) for a fresh look--think of the shade that your lips get after you eat a cherry popsicle. For darker skin tones, look for an orangey-red that casts a glow on the skin. Nars Semi Matte lipstick in Heat ($24) packs the punch for a night out on the town! For staying power, dust translucent powder in between coats.
2. Lip Stains: As the temperature rises, lipsticks can sometimes feel too heavy and glosses too sticky. For those warmer summer days, coat your lips with ‘Rouge Pur Couture-Vernis a Levres’ Glossy Stain by Yves Saint Laurent ($32). Lightweight in texture, this formula melts right onto lips delivering intense glossy color for long lasting shine. Try Orange De Chine for a bolder look or Rose Tempura to give your lips a quick flush of color.
3. In the Nude: Easy, natural and fresh lips allow the eyes to do all the talking. For a perfect pout, line the lips with a cream-based concealer. In choosing a shade best suited for your skin tone, the lipstick should be one or two tones darker than the inside of your lips. Next, use a lip brush to paint the lips, starting from the center. Finally, dab some loose powder over the lips to help the color stay on longer. In a time crunch? Simply slick on a nude gloss such as Lancome’s ‘Juicy Tubes Jelly’ Ultra Shiny Lip Gloss in “Touched by Light ($18).”
4. Crazy for Coral: Coral is a universally flattering color for any skin tone. For fair skin, choose a pale toned, cooler hue like Smashbox ‘Be Legendary’ Lipstick in Melondrama ($19). For medium or olive skin tones, warmer, apricot toned corals will brighten up your complexion. Clinique’s ‘Colour Surge’ Butter Shine Lipstick in Ambrosia ($15) provides a sun kissed and healthy glow. For darker skin tones, try a brighter shade such as Laura Mercier Lip Shine in Tempting Coral ($22). Remember to have fun and don’t be afraid to experiment with color!
5. Soft and Supple Pucker: Treating your lips to a nutritious diet of vitamins A & E and shea oil are just a few of the key elements to a kissable pout! Try Kiehl’s Lip Balm #1 ($9), a clear formula that protects and helps relieve chapped or cracked lips. Bobbi Brown ‘Yogi Bare lip balm’ ($18) combines petrolatum, candelilla wax and beeswax that comforts and moisturizes lips. Or try MAC Lip Conditioner ($15), an emollient balm that conditions lips and locks in moisture. Use
alone or under lipstick for high impact.
-- Ryan Patterson
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.