Glam Slam: Makeup Mondays - Gorgeous & Green With Josie Maran
She’s beautiful. A model. A mom. An eco-chic celeb. An entrepreneur. A makeup maven.
Josie Maran has one jam packed schedule! Josie, the creator of her own earth friendly line, Josie Maran Cosmetics, is the perfect inspiration for greening your beauty routine in honor of Earth Day this Friday.
JOSIE’S FAVE ECO BEAUTY PRODUCTS
1) Mascara is one of my beauty staples - it instantly adds drama to any look and brings focus to the eyes. My favorite eye product is my new GOGO Instant Volume Argan Mascara not only because it adds va-va-voom volume to my lashes, but also because it gives back to a great cause. For every mascara sold, I’m donating one to a patient at City of Hope, one the nation’s leading cancer care centers.
2) I really love my new Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation for its amazing chameleon pigment technology. The foundation goes on white, but turns into your perfect shade as you blend into the skin. It’s magic! Plus the formula has anti-aging Argan Oil to hydrate and smooth fine lines.
3) Rare Elements Essential Conditioner - this conditioner is amazing and it smells great. It can be used everyday but a great tip is to leave it in the hair for about 15-20 minutes for a great deep conditioning treatment.
4) My all-time favorite beauty product (and my beauty secret) is my 100% pure, organic Argan Oil. Rich in Vitamin E and Essential Fatty Acids, it nourishes the skin and makes my skin glow. I use it as a daily moisturizer, but I also love it because it’s a multi-tasking cure all. You can use it on your hair to fix split ends, to moisturize dry cuticles or even to heal psoriasis!
5) I love Priti nail polish. It is very pretty, it is non-toxic and comes from a responsible company. All huge pluses!
6) Duchess Marden Damascena Pure Rose Water - this is great to use all year round, especially in the Summer. I love lightly splashing it on my body to give me a boost of energy. I love really simple, natural scents like rose water. Synthetic fragrances are very unhealthy!
7) Dr. Bronner’s soaps are natural, smell great and last a long, long time!
JOSIE’S BEAUTY TIPS
I love making my own beauty treatments at home, using natural ingredients from my own kitchen. One of my favorite DIY beauty recipes is a Sea Salt Peppermint Foot Scrub with Argan Oil, which I make at home. I mix 1 cup of course sea salt, a dropper full of Argan Oil (about 10 drops), 6 drops of peppermint oil and one tablespoon of Dr. Bronner’s Magic Pure Castile Soap, an organic soap made from Olive Oil. I blend all of the ingredients with my hands to make a wet paste, then massage onto my feet to remove dead skin and smooth rough calluses. The Argan Oil works to moisturize and nourish the skin and leaves feet feeling soft - just like a salon pedi!
I always look for multi-tasking beauty products with nourishing, natural and beneficial ingredients. I love my new Argan Color Sticks - hydrating balm with 100% pure organic Argan Oil and rosy color. Two birds, one stone! Plus, you can use it on cheeks as a creamy stick blush. It saves time and space in my makeup bag.
JOSIE’S FAVE MAKEUP LOOK
Bold, bright lips! I loved seeing bright coral, plum and red lips on the runway and will be using my new Magic Marker Argan Oil Infused Lip Stain Duos to recreate the look throughout the season. Magic Marker Argan Oil Infused Lip Stain Duos are extremely long-wearing and won’t bleed, which are really important when you’re wearing bold colors. Plus, they provide long-lasting hydration with the Argan Color Stick. Waltz is a vibrant berry shade and will look great this Spring. $30; www.QVC.com
For more info, check out JosieMaranCosmetics.com.
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.