Glam Slam: Makeup Mondays — Happy Anniversay NARS!
First Published: November 9, 2009 12:20 PM EST Credit:
LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- To celebrate the 15h Anniversary of his (highly covetable!) makeup line NARS, Francois Nars created a special limited-edition book to mark the occasion. It’s called “15x15”, and features 15 celeb portraits, including Naomi Campbell, Marc Jacobs and Isabella Rossellini, all photographed by Francois himself.
He also did all the makeup, of course, and shared with Glam Slam his tips for a classic and timeless look.
1) EYELINERNothing defines the eyes and adds drama more than eyeliner. It’s all about liner in every form. From a traditional pencil, powder applied with a brush or a luxe line of liquid, it is the key to making eyes pop.
2) THE CLASSIC RED LIPThis look is timeless… everything from the Marilyn Monroe coral red to a deep crimson merlot. Finding the perfect shade of red is the eternal quest for most women. Red is empowering and striking. Red lips rule the runway and red carpet year after year.
3) A BEAUTIFUL COMPLEXIONFlawless skin transcends time. Season after season it’s all about flawless picture perfect skin. Be it matte and polished or luminous and glowing; pretty skin is at the top of every list.
4) MULTI-PURPOSE PRODUCTSThis goes back to your grandmother putting lipstick on her cheeks. Women love things that are quick and easy. The Multiple by NARS is the original cream to powder product for the eyes, cheeks and lips and is the perfect base for creating a red carpet cheek. Layer under your favorite powder blush to give the cheeks depth and dimension.
5) BROWSOther than the skin, the brows are the most important feature. They frame the face and convey expression. A properly filled brow can make you look younger and give the face a lift. Whether you use a trusty brow pencil or a bit of brow powder -or both… it’s worth the time and effort.
You can find out everything you need to know about the 15x15 project, which launches Thursday, at www.15x15project.com.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.