Glam Slam: Makeup Mondays — Office-To-Party Holiday Looks
Heading out after work to celebrate the season? If you don’t have the time to head home to get ready first, here are a few day-to-night tips from Julie Warnock, Makeup Artist for Clinique, a fave of celebs Taylor Momsen, Kristen Bell, Jessica Stroup and Jane Kaczmarek.
1. “Rejuvenate dry, Winter ravaged skin at the end of a long day by patting Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief right over your foundation. The active aloe in a water-based gel will instantly plump up fine lines and smooth flakey skin without disturbing the makeup. Use Moisture Surge Face Spray Thirsty Skin Relief for an even quicker fix.
2. For natural-looking luminosity that won’t be confused for tinsel, use Up-lighting Liquid Illuminator to highlight cheekbones, accentuate your décolleté or even in place of nylons on your legs!
3. Lure your Christmas crush to the mistletoe with smoldering smoky eyes. To create this effect, start by lining the inside of your eyelid on both the top and bottom with either black or grey eyeliner. Clinique’s Kohl Shaper For Eyes, like all of our eye makeup, is Ophthalmologist tested, so it’s safe for contacts and sensitive eyes. It also has a built in sharpener in the cap, so you are never without a fine point.
4. For visions of sugar plums, use a small angled brush to smudge a deep purple shadow like Colour Surge Plum Seduction or limited edition Black Tie Violets along the lashline and into the crease.
5. Mascara is a must! Throw an extra coat on with one of the mini-mascaras from the limited edition Lash Impact set. For ultra drama, use High Impact or High Definition formulas. If you are a crier, or plan on passing out in the punch bowl, use the Lash Power.
6. To brighten pale Winter skin without overwhelming your face, sweep Shimmering Stripes Powder Blusher in Tuxedo Plum along your cheekbones for a sheer, subtle radiance and allover glow.
7. A sophisticated, sensuous lip in plum, wine or berry colors will be your best accessory this holiday season. If you are afraid to commit to a dark color, use a sheer glaze like our famous Black Honey Almost Lipstick or my favorite, Butter Shine Lipstick in Crushed Grape and Cranberry Cream.”
Copyright 2014 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.