Watching ABC’s “Pan Am,” which stars Christina Ricci, Margot Robbie, Kelli Garner and Karine Vanasse as sophisticated stewardesses back in the ‘60s, is like stepping back in time!
Everything from the sets to the clothes and the makeup is retro-fabulous!
“Pan Am” had very specific grooming guidelines according to Patricia Regan, the makeup department head of the show, who did comprehensive research to nail the looks.
“My inspiration comes from extensive photographs of 1963—fashion, documentary, and people, as well as Pan Am history,” says Regan. “I try to combine the style of the past and with the tools of the present to give a fresh new look!” Here’s how she does it with these step-by-step tips to achieve Christina Ricci’s look.
1) Apply a matte finish foundation such as Make Up For Ever HD foundation, La Mer Treatment powder foundation, Armani Skin Fabric, MAC Careblend powder foundation.
2) Brush and groom eyebrows to define natural fuller shape, fill in and extend a touch with a matching brow shade such as Three Custom Color brow shades, Revlon Colorstay eyebrow pencils or Chantecaille brow definer.
3) Apply eye shadow in pale blue, soft green, lavender/violet on eyelid (such as Three Custom Color pale sky blue, pale lavender, pale green).
4) Draw a line along upper lashes with either black or brown eyeliner (MAC gel liner in blacktrack or dipdown are my favorite… liner will stay on without ever smudging!).
5) Apply mascara (Dior Iconic or L’Oreal Voluminous). For extra drama, try a couple of Ardell short flares on outer corners!
6) Blush on the apple of cheeks. Three Custom Color Creme To Powder in rose, pink or red are favorites. For touch ups, MAC Fleur Power or Peaches.
7) Finish with EOS ‘Egg Shaped’ lip balm.
To check out the finished look, tune into “Pan Am” 10pm Sunday nights on ABC.
Copyright 2015 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.